Being a student can be expensive! Between tuition, books, food, accommodation and utilities, it can be hard to make ends meet, but there are a number of ways to make money as a student, even if you only have a few hours a week to spare.
Here are a few ideas:
- Get a part-time job. This is the most obvious way to make money as a student. There are a number of different part-time jobs that you can do, such as working in retail, food service, or customer service, you can usually find part-time jobs online or check out the opportunities available at your University
- Tutoring. If you're good at your studies, you can make money by tutoring other students. You can find tutoring jobs through your university, online, or through word-of-mouth.
- Freelance work. If you have skills in writing, design, programming, or other areas there are a whole host of digital job opportunities you can make money from. There are a number of websites that connect freelancers with clients, such as Upwork and Fiverr.
- Sell your belongings. Obviously not everything you own but if you have things that you don't need anymore, you can sell them to make some extra cash. One of the easiest ways to sell your belongings is online using sites such as ebay
- Take online surveys. There are a number of websites that will pay you to take online surveys. This is a great way to make some extra money in your spare time.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. With a little creativity and effort, you can find ways to make money as a student and help offset the costs of your education.