Sheffield is a city that loves to celebrate, and there's no better time to do so than in the summer. With its vibrant music scene, stunning scenery, and friendly people, Sheffield is the perfect place to enjoy a festival or two.
Here are a few of the best summer festivals in Sheffield:
- Tramlines is one of the biggest and most popular festivals in Sheffield. Held every July in Hillsborough Park, Tramlines features a lineup of top-name indie, rock, and electronic music acts including Ruchard Ashcroft, The Courteeners, Blossoms, Paul Heaton & Kaiser Cheifs this year. There's also a great selection of food and drink stalls, as well as a funfair and other activities for all ages. Details can be found on https://tramlines.org.uk/
- Get Together has earnt a reputation as one of the best festivals for original and independent music, art, food and drink. For 2023, this multi-stage festival has a new Sheffield home and will be relocating to take over the vibrant warehouses, breweries, studios and bars of Kelham Island on Sat 20th May https://www.welcometosheffield.co.uk/content/events/get-together-2023/
- Cliffhanger is held July 1st & 2nd 2023 on Devonshire Green it focuses on the British Bouldering Championships. Hundreds of climbing enthusiasts have been known to turn out for the finals of the bouldering championship, which culminates on the Sunday evening. The competition is accompanied by a festival atmosphere, with have-a-go climbing walls as well as street food and bars.
- Bassfest is an electronic music festival in Sheffield, which brings together some of the biggest names in bass, for one weekend of high-octane partyinghttps://bassfest.co.uk/
- DocFest is an international documentary film festival held every June in Sheffield. The festival screens a wide range of documentary films from around the world, and it's a great opportunity to see some of the best documentaries of the year. Details can be found on https://sheffdocfest.com/
- Sheffield Food Festival is a celebration of all things food and drink. Held in May in the city center, the festival features a wide range of food stalls, as well as cooking demonstrations, wine tastings, and other events. It's the perfect place to try some of the city's best food and drink. Details can be found on https://sheffieldfoodfestival.co.uk/
- Float Along Festival Float Along Festival makes a welcome return to Sheffield this September, with an encompassing mix of post-punk and psychedelic rock, as well as the best in indie and alternative music.Taking place on Saturday 23 September, the festival once again will span several venues across the heart of the city centre, including iconic Sheffield venues The Leadmill, Sidney & Matilda and Corporation https://www.welcometosheffield.co.uk/content/events/float-along-festival-2023/
These are just a few of the many summer festivals in Sheffield. With so many to choose from, there's sure to be something for everyone. So come and join the fun in Sheffield this summer!