Information For Parents

What is a Guarantor?

A Guarantor is a third party, usually a parent or relative who takes financial responsibility if the tenant fails to pay the rent that is due.


Who can act as a Guarantor?

A Guarantor has be over 21 years, be a UK resident and be in full/part time employment.


What do I need to provide to sign a Guarantor Agreement?

1. Proof of identity, such as:

  • Photo Driving Licence
  • Passport 

2. A copy of proof of address (less than 3 months old) such as:

  • A utility bill or statement 
  • Bank statement 
  • Council tax bill for that current year


What if I don't have a UK based guarantor?

International students also need a UK based Guarantor unless they pay the rent in full, prior to the commencement of the Tenancy Agreement. We would recommend Housing Hand or Your Guarantor, they will act as a Guarantor for international students. For more information please visit the following links;

We realise many parents help their son/daughters with rent whilst at University, if their tenancy starts July 1st most of our payments are taken quarterly as follows:

  • 1st July
  • 1st October
  • 1st January
  • 1st April


If they need to check their rent dates these can be found on the front page of their Tenancy Agreement and we're more than happy to supply the information to them should they need this.


We take the rent payments by bank transfer or standing order, please email the office for the bank details,