Keys can be collected from the start date of your Tenancy Agreement. Appointments must be booked in advance with our office to collect keys.
Keys are available by appointment from our office at 305 Western Bank, Sheffield, S10 2TJ. We are open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm for appointments
You will need to bring photo ID such as a driving licence or a passport.
Make sure you read through your information pack (provided when you pick up your keys) as this contains all the important info you should need for your new property
Take meter readings on the first day of your tenancy
Take a note of the codes printed on your keys, if you lose your keys during the year this will make the process of replacing them quicker and cheaper
Take the time to introduce yourselves to your neighbours, you are going to be living next to them for at least a year
Complete your inventory to record any pre-existing damages
- All keys must be returned to the Home Accommodation office by 12 noon on the last day of your tenancy. This includes back door, front door, bedroom, post box etc (where applicable). If you want to check which keys were signed out please give us a call/email us and we can confirm which keys should be returned to us
- Do not return keys by post as this is not secure and we'd hate for you to be charged should the keys to go missing
- All keys as front door, back door or bedroom (as applicable)
- All keys can be returned by one individual at the end of the tenancy or if tenants would prefer they can bring these back individually
- Further info on key returns can be found in the end of tenancy information emailed out prior to the end of your tenancy
We would expect that the house/apartment is left clean and tidy and all of your personal belongings moved out.
We will write to you prior to the end of your tenancy with a comprehensive list of the condition we would expect the house to be left in but please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to this at any point
If you are responsible for paying your own bills, either to utility providers or companies providing utility packages such as UniHomes, we need to see proof of your closed accounts before we can release your deposit.
These must be closed on the final day of your tenancy and on an actual reading
You would be surprised at how many people forget to cancel their standing orders and make additional rent payments!
As standing orders are set up by yourself you must instruct the bank to cancel this after your final rental payment is made to us.
Please make sure you cancel your standing order in advance of the last day of your tenancy to prevent any erroneous payments to us