Frequently Asked Questions


When should we look for student accommodation?

Because we have accommodation that is suited to 1st, 2nd, 3rd years and postgrads the answer to that question is quite hard, as a rule:

1st years – Once you have confirmation of your university place you can start looking for your accommodation

2nd and 3rd years – we usually release our availability list for the following year the November before

Postgraduates – we will have details of property availability from November for the following July and also a selection of properties close to the time and also throughout the year.

Can we view the properties?

We are happy to show you around our available properties, this is a good opportunity to meet a member of our team as well as seeing the houses. To book a viewing please contact us.

About my accommodation

What is insured by Home?

Home insure the following:

  • Material damage to the building: fire, lightening, flood and accidental damage (subject to exclusions).
  • The landlord’s fittings and contents

Exclusions apply when the property is unoccupied: please notify us if the house is going to be empty for 30 or more consecutive days.

Can I smoke in my house or apartment?

No, all Home’s properties are non-smoking

Will my apartment or house be furnished?

All of our homes are furnished and include kitchen appliances.

What do I have to bring with me?
Can I bring my car?

Yes, provided your home has a dedicated parking space, this can be checked with the office. Otherwise you will need to buy a permit from Sheffield city council or private car parks

Do I need a TV licence?

Yes, but the number each property needs varies depending on the type of Tenancy Agreement you have signed, please check with the office.

Are Home Accommodation homes safe?

All our homes are HMO compliant and have been inspected by the relevant authorities. All of our houses have up to date Gas Safety Certificates and Electrical testing certificates. All of the certificates are available to view on my home

Moving In

Can I move in early?

Unfortunately people will be living in the house or apartment before you move in so there is no way we can move you in early

How do I collect my keys?

Information will be sent to each tenant directly before your move in date detailing the move in procedure for your specific building alternatively see our important documents for more information


Why do I need to pay a deposit and what is it used for?

A deposit of £150 is payable when you sign the Tenancy Agreement. The Deposit is covers any damage you cause to your house or apartment or any rent/charges that are outstanding at the end of your tenancy. Your deposit is registered with The Deposit Protection Service and providing you cause no damage and pay all your rent and other charges the deposit is returned to you once your Tenancy has ended.
Full details of the responsibility of the Guarantor are contained in the agreement which can be found here


Do I need a guarantor?

Yes, all students need a UK based Guarantor. The Guarantor will be responsible for paying the rent or any other charges incurred by the tenant should the tenant fail to pay. As well as signing a Guarantor Agreement they will need to provide both of the following documents:

  • Valid UK driving licence
  • Utility Bill dated within the last 3 months

The guarantor form can be collected from our office, downloaded from our website or digitally completed here 

When are my rents payments due?

The rent due dates are detailed on the front page of your Tenancy Agreement. Please check your Tenancy Agreement for these or for further clarification call us in the office on 01142685454



Save £100 off your rent


What our students say


We lived in an apartment rented from Home for just over a year. We never had any problems and were always greeted with smiles and a friendly attitude when we went into the office to ask questions. The maintenance team were always on time when we made appointments with them and they always cleaned up after themselves. I would recommend Home as a landlord to anyone asking.

About home

If you are looking for quality accommodation in Sheffield, combined with a professional and friendly service then look no further. We are a reputable company specialising in student accommodation. All of our homes are located in the heart of the student community and close to both Sheffield University and Sheffield Hallam campuses.


We are also members of the RLA and SSLA

Home twitter

All of our stunning refurbished houses are proving very popular... #wecantblameyou #nosuprise #stunning…
It’s official Letting for 19/20 has begun... GO GO GO... #housesflyingout #propertiesflyingout #lettings…
You know it’s Christmas when @starbucksuk bring out the red cups 😍😍🎄🎄☕️☕️ . . . . #christmasiscoming #starbucks…
Follow Home Accommodation on Twitter

Quick contact

305 Western Bank,;

Sheffield S10 2TJ

Open 9am-5pm Mon-Fri
Tel : 0114 2685454

We use cookies to provide you with the best possible browsing experience on our website. You can find out more below.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user's experience more efficient. The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission. This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
ResolutionUsed to ensure the correct version of the site is displayed to your device.
SessionUsed to track your user session on our website.
Marketing Cookies are used for various purposes.
Live ChatThis allows our Live Chat Functionality

More Details